Nigeria Real Estate Investment Guide
Real Estate is a profitable business in Lagos Nigeria. You can make real money in real estate but you have to be smart, well inform and with a bit of luck.
Property values appreciate fast, Property prices in Lagos Nigeria is constantly rising. Ask anyone who could have bought a plot of land in Lekki Phase 1 15-20 years ago and failed to purchase. They will tell you it was a missed opportunity. For example a land bought in ikota for 3.5 million naira about four years ago, is now worth over 12 million naira. Another typical example is a land bought at sangotedo (off lekki epe express way) for 750 thousand naira in 2004 is now valued at over 5 million naira. It not just in Lagos states that properties appreciates fast, other states are appreciating as well.
You don’t have to be wealthy to invest in Real Estate. In some states, the cost for a plot of land is not as expensive as in lagos, Abuja and the other major states capital. Example in ogun state etc.
You have be know when to invest. Timing is absolutely key and location.
It is not just land only, rents prices are also constantly increasing in Lagos. Lagos is the centre of commerce, more and more business are sprouting up. The more businesses means better standard of living, which means more people ready to buy and rent properties.
Lagos Nigeria is constantly expanding, this means that property you’re buying that appear to be in the suburb, may soon become a property in a commercial neighborhood. The means your property value will rapidly appreciate in value faster than you imagined.
It has been proven time and time again. If you invest in real estate and invest right. Your investment will take care of of itself and in a few short years you might be laughing to the bank.
BUYING A LAND/HOUSE
If you decide to buy a Land or a House.
1. Ensure you do due diligence – at Lands Registry office
2. Get a lawyer to investigate the real owner of the land/house
3. Ensure no litigation on the property
5. Property is not subject of any Government acquisition.
6. Property is not under short leases, easements, licenses, road or right of way and more
STRATEGY FOR MAKING MONEY IN REAL ESTATE
I. Capital Gains – The process involves the purchase of land for the sole purpose of reselling at a profit. This is a very smart way of investing as it can be tailored based on an individual’s investment portfolio.
2. Leasing – Simply buy a property in a business environment and lease out to banks, churches, eateries or other type of businesses. You earn rent on the property whilst the property appreciates in value for future sale. This is the real definition of eating your cake and having it. And if you can’t afford the buy in the main business environments of today, Lagos is evolving every day. There are areas where you can get lands for a pretty low price today that already have the potential of being a business environment in the next few years. A case in point is Ibeju Lekki.
3. Real Estate Agency – This is a form of service rendered to people who need to invest in real estate. You earn commission based on the sales value of the property or the asking rental price of the property. And these commissions could literally change your life. You start with little or no money and you can grow to become a giant realtor.
4. Property Development – This involves a lot of capital. You simply acquire properties in choice locations, develop it into luxury apartments, commercial structures, etc and sell at a very high profit margin.
5. House/Office Rent – Build a house/office and put it up for rent, get paid all year for a life time.
You can list your Real Estate Business on our Nigeria Real Estate directory List
If you have property to sell or rent in Nigeria you can also advertise with us or contact us let Sell it for you.
Speak to us on Live Chat on website