Food supplement good or Bad
Taking Vitamin supplement is not part of our daily routine, there has been a general belief that it is good for us. Most people presume our daily meals don’t have the contain all our daily recommended nutrients
But recently there have been studies and peoples experiences. The held belief that vitamin tablets is good for us is now been question.
The health bodies have been criticise for lax regulation etc
Even food experts are divided, some are for and other against..
Besides the obvious role of marketing, why do so many of us allow ourselves to believe that vitamins are good for us with little proof
There’s no denying that prolonged deficiency of certain vitamins can lead to illness and disease. The real question, though, is whether vitamin supplements are good or bad?
If you eat a diet full of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, there’s a good chance you already reach your suggested daily intake. And even if you eat a less-than-stellar diet, many types of processed foods are fortified with vitamins and minerals.
Some individuals at risk for a vitamin deficiency due to a poor diet or a preexisting medical condition should consider supplementing with a multivitamin to address that deficiency.
Different studies have come out with different findings , some below
– individuals who took the daily supplement had an increased mortality rate .
– women who took multivitamin supplements (vitamin C, E, beta-carotene, selenium, and zinc) increased their risk of developing skin cancer .
– the likelihood of developing lung cancer among smokers .
– excessive amounts of vitamin E increased patients’ risk of heart failure .
– excessive Vitamin E supplementation significantly increased the risk of prostate cancer .
If taking in moderation and natural supplements it can be good for some people, but experts and research have shown excessive intake can lead to harmful consequence.